AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Weakest to Strongest Axles
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee doggie View Post
At the risk of offending plenty of people , you are just wasting time and money doing any of the intended mods to a Grand Cherokee. Now to add something constructive, a Patrol rear diff and full size Cherokee front could get you under way for probably less than $500. D44 is correct side pumpkin, 4.10s are common to both, 6 stud wheels are the most readily available and both already have disc brakes. Makes sense to me but I still wouldn't bother .
Thanks for your input.

In reference to this and your other post explaining your thoughts on wasting time modding a Grand Cherro...

I'm hearing you for sure. But, unfortunately, no matter what I would have it would be a compromise anywho, and have aftermarket stuff replacing the oem.

If it's not the diffs I want to change on this, it would be something else on the other vehicle.

Long story short, I really wanted a beater XJ, and go nuts with that. But my missus wanted more luxury, spend more, we met in the middle with this WG. And, I was very insistant she suck it up when it gets bashed and thrashed, and she is ok with that for sure.

Anyway, much thanks to any expert diff advice I am getting.

With the Patrol rear diff and full size Cherokee front, does the stud pattern match? Or, is there a spacer set to make them match, or something else?

Thanks

Dave