AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Snorkel
Thread: WK2 Snorkel
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
I don't believe that dyno testing provides the true results as the faster you travel, the more air gets forced into the snorkel.
This can't be replicated on a dyno.

Cheers, Craig
Hi Craig..Too true..but comparing Dyno with OE vs whatever snorkel would give and indication of how the donk is breathing regardles of air ram effect which supposed to be one advantage of a snorkel...I'm interested in the results that's all..I do know someone who didn't like the Airflow snorkel head on an early model Jeep and replaced it with a more cosmetic one (Safari I think) and almost straight away replaced it with the Airflow one because of negative resuls..So snorkels while spelt the same ain't necessarily so...Remember the Castrol GTX commercial way back "Oils ain't oils Sul" well coming from a engeering background I like objective data which can only be had via instrumentation and correct procedures...Subjective does ease the mind though so like I've said "If you're happy then that's what counts"..Me?? It's the numbers.

Hutch..Any diesel workshop that does preformance tuning ie remapping or chipping would or should have one

Also I think on this thread someone did or used to do performanvce tuning an found that by altering the air intake plumbing length & bends, the vehicle lost 65kw..Too lazy to look back but I think that's the gist.

Last edited by Wanderer; 14-09-2015 at 08:42 AM.