AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2011 JK 2.8 CRD - Hard To Start
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2015
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default 2011 JK 2.8 CRD - Hard To Start

My Jeep refuses to start in a timely manner. The engine will crank no problem but it takes a really long time to kick over and fire up.

My biggest problem is there are no Jeep dealers where I live that will work on a CRD so I am using the Nissan dealer as my shop of choice. They do not have a wiTech unit to do dealer level diagnostics on the vehicle.

So far these items have been changed.

1. Fuel Pump and Filter - Fuel pressure is good
2. Cam shaft sensor
3. Glow Plugs
4. Injectors
5. Starter
6. Battery

The Jeep usually starts fine when it is dead cold, left overnight. It will also start fine when it's completely warm, right after a long drive. If the temperature is anywhere in between, say half hour after a drive I have no chance of getting it to fire up nicely. The jeep will eventually come to life after repeatedly cranking it and letting it rest for about 3 minutes or so.

I am at the end of my rope with this thing so any and all ideas would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

rob

ps There are no stored trouble codes appearing at any time using a standard OBDII reader nor does the Jeep ever go into limp mode.