AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - GPS software issues 2013 Overland
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default GPS software issues 2013 Overland

I have an issue with the factory install GPS in the 2013 Overland, we travel extensively through Western NSW and QLD and consistently have the GPS send us down farm tracks or private roads when navigating between major towns. I can change to either of the options:- shortest route or fastest route, and yet we will still get ridiculous routes that add sometimes 50 km to a route of 100km driving via the main highway between 2 towns separated by only 1 road. Recently between Cowra and Bathurst on the highway it instructed us to turn down a farmers private road whilst giving a shortest route of 147km whilst the highway signs say it is 107km between these towns & the trip meter agreed. One of at least 8 events in the last 4 months.

Today we took it to Jeep for investigation and after 8 hours said all they could do was load new maps at a cost of $145 +GST even though they admit it may not fix it. They said they had loaded new maps in a small number of Jeeps but had no feedback at all from owners as to whether it corrected the faults they had.

My question is, has anyone had a similar problem? And if so did the map update fix the problem as Jeep don't seem to know if it will make any difference? Whilst I have other forms of nav software on iPads etc i would like to see a $80K vehicle have a GPS that could be trusted and for $160 i could by a garmin with lifetime map updates. Thank you for any feedback