AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - My house build...
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2015
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Well I have some great news. I successfully applied for a early super hardship payment. I wrote a detailed letter to the company explaining that I have lived almost three years without a proper shower or toilet. I explained that I have to empty a shit tin each week and like I do boil the jug 4-5 times each night so I can have a wash, ready for work the next day. Well my application was granted and I am stoked. It is such a relief. My friends who are religious like me would understand that God has it under control, even though I have been ancxious as hell. Especially knowing that I owed a lot of money to Becks and a builder. But today I checked my account as I often do and was concerned at first to see approx $7k in my account...... LOL I thouht the bank had made some mistake, until I realised, they had granted my application and it was only sent off less than two weeks ago. So today I paid my builder what I owed him. I am also able to pay off Becks in full tomorrow. I worked out I have enough now if I am careful to get a builder out for 2-3 more days. I can get the plasterer out to flush al the gyprock joins. I also have an electrician coming out in one week to run the remaining cables down the other side of the house ready so that some ceiling sheets can go up on that side above the lounge in around two weeks. I should be able to save a bit over the next month to purchase tiles and gear for my tiler mate who arrives in around 4 weeks. I anticipate that by the end of this year I should be able to have basically one side of my house all done, including paint, which I will do myself. If the funds allow I might even have power on that side of the house. One thing is for sure I am on track to reaching my goal of having a wood heater in by March/April just in time for the cold. I anticipate that if I work hard and am careful with money I should be able to get my $9k solar hot water system installed by June/July next year, which I have been told I can get a substantial rebate on it through NILS Tasmania because I am a low income earner. I really can't see my house being complete by 1/12/16 when my pemit runs out but I have been told by council that I can apply for a 12 month extension, which is currently only $100 way better than what I was told around 2.5 years ago when my house and shed was only vision in my head..