AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Diesel XJ **Parts & Info**
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

hey LB you beat me to it i received a bcf voucher last year and while wandering around spotted the filters so i did some checking on the old google fishing and marine sites and no one complained about them so then i contacted parker hannifin (racor) as the s3227 is the same size and flow rates as the diesel filter to see if it is compatible with diesel (should be as petrol has more solvent than diesel) and after two weeks with no response other than your query will responded to within 3 days (bull) i also contacted ryco to see what the micron size their z625 which ive been using is , the response same as factory, which is? 30 micron was the reply.so i bit the bullet fitted a small inline filter between the filterhead and pump just in case. well its been 12 months and the motor still goes great no surging or spluttering its also rated for two strokes so if you use two stroke oil in your fuel it gets through,doesn't get absorbed by the paper, after 3 months with no probs i bought another one as a spare for a trip i was doing and its in the spares box, i paid 16.99 ea for them so yes they work fit exactly as the racor or ryco