AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Where are the Jeep Lemons?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have 33000 km on my TH now and the transmission shifting is the worst thing about the vehicle. Coming from a 2.8 diesel/6spd manual KJ I really notice the difference, especially on the highway. Impossible to maintain an even speed and with the cruise control it constantly hunts for gears,revs to over 5000 rpm briefly climbing modest inclines before changing up again,down again. Towing anything I restrict it to 7th or even 6th gear to help even it out. That said tho the adaptive cruise control is brilliant.
My particular software doesnt allow changing down to 2nd unless virtually stopped (then it's 1st) and this causes issues if turning into an uphill street or road, I manually select 2nd to help it get going.
Overtaking on the highway it takes a few frustrating moments to sort a gear but this is typical of most autos anyway, overall I love the new cherokee, it drives really nice, has lots of tech features and good fuel economy (av 8-9 L/100km on 98 fuel). If it only had the gearbox from my old KJ...