AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Doka's - My Little Cherokee
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016

Liked 61 Times in 27 Posts

Lift went in today..all went went as exported except for one issue. Still waiting on shocks, arms and swaybar disconnects..but so far so good and happy with the result.b A good mate Joe helped me out (read as did most of it) so big thanks to him!

Ok so rant starts.

The issue we had was with the sway bar..I bought a superior engineering HD Adjustable sway bar .,. and well its got me. It seems, well is, way to short.

In my opinion by the time you threaded the rod in to a safe margin, it would be shorter than stock.

Called Superior, there response (after sending them pictures and measurements), yeah we can see it is far to short and would be dangerous to fit, but they are all that length, that's just how we make them and we have sold them to people who have fitted them to XJ Cherokees with 4"+ lifts and no problems.

So I asked them :

- how they managed to make it work with a 4"+ lift - answer we don't know but it must work
- Can you tell me what the minimum safe thread engagement is that you recommend and can you email that to me in writing - answer its 2/3's the diameter of the threaded rod and I don't have to email you anything as its to short for your application
- Asked how this issue can be fixed, answer you ship it back to us at your cost and when we receive it we will issue a refund minus the initial shipping cost.

looking at it the only way I can see it would work is if you use a panhard relocation bracket, which they never mentioned even though they new the car, year, model and height of lift before ordering it.

So, tomorrow I will send it back and try and chase a panhard from somewhere else..no other option as superior have basically said its not their problem.

Here is the superior panhard (with the rod end would completely out next to the stock panhard

Stock Panhard versus Superior Engineering Panhard