AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep reliability
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jeep reliability

Hi All, not sure if I want to ask this question...........
I met up with some school mates I hadn't seen for years of which 2 are experienced mechanics (20 plus years in the game). The inevitable question came up - what do you drive, so I said Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015, Laredo and am very happy with it. They both said that they are unreliable and best get rid of them when the warranty comes up. - Not what I wanted to hear as our plan was to stay with our Jeep for 5 years plus and do some substantial Outback treks.
Now both asked the same question but at different times and separate of each other - yet the same response.
My question is - is there any truth in it?
I have over 40,000 Kms' on my Jeep and have had 1 "limp home" problem/issue - program upgrade eventually required to do with the exhaust system not clearing itself properly (would have been terrible if out bush).
Can I be confident in my Jeep being reliable when going outback? We are looking at spending $$$ on 2nd Battery, bull bar, storage etc but I'm not so sure now!