AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep reliability
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I only get this from people who are ignorant of the facts. It's a case of them hearing it from someone else who heard it from their cousin's wife's sisters dog.

It all seems to stem from shows like ACA giving air time to someone that's made a video. The only reason it makes air time is because Jeep created a very successful ad campaign that everyone recognises instantly.

Yes there have been problems, just like there has been with every make and model ever produced. My 2011 Jeep Wrangler has 56000 kms and has never had an issue unlike the so called unbreakable Hilux that I got rid of. Both my Brother in laws used to rip into me until they started having problems with their Ford Ranger and Holden Colorado. It also helped that I often had to pull both of them out of the sand.

The problem with Jeep is having to deal with FCA who from what I understand can be very difficult to deal with if you do have a problem.

Keep the Jeep, I'd be very surprised if you regret it.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders