AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Mods VSB 14
Thread: XJ Mods VSB 14
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

I submitted all my mods to the WA Dept of Transport. This included my mods for ACOS, adjustable control arms, raised suspension, 235 tyres, 22" light bar, profab tyre carrier, ARB lockers, extractors, Airraid intake, yellowbox speedo re-calibrator and a host of other mods.
I have received a reply:

Exhaust to comply with LA and LT4 (i want to add new extractors)

Part time locker to comply with LB2 (ARB air lockers)

Suspension to comply with LS3,4,5,6. (1.5" lift)

Roof and eyebrow height to be measured for standard and modified version.

Light bar to meet IB-132A (1 x 22" bar)

Protofab rear tyre not approved - obstructs geometric visibility of rear lights. Alternative required. (already fitted - supplied by Wooders)

Flexible flares and sunroof to compy with LH (Already fitted Bushwackers) (already fitted SFC XJ sunroof)

Verification that Yellow Box is ADR compliant and been tested or within +- 10% accuracy.

Bull bar to comply with CI-112C (this is an original factory Jeep bullbar)

This approval only applies to 235 x 75R x 15 tyres. (I have fitted these together with the factory rims)

Not a bad result and i think i can work within the rules. My question at the moment is: Can i use aftermarket lights on the protofab tyre carrier as it is already fitted. Is there a standard on the size of lights as i can get some slim LED lights that will fit on the rear bar.

Also note that the reply did not mention the adjustable control arms, ACOS, air bags, airraid intake, quick disconnects and winch that i had included in the proposal.

Cheers,
Alex

Cheers,
Alex