AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Yet another "My XJ Runs HOT" Post
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2016
Jingle ALL the way...

Liked 538 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillabongXJ View Post
... That will be the day when an XJ owner complains about their engine being too "cool" lol...
Popcorn, anyone?

Well, well,...I thought to provide a light interlude here, so everyone can get a refreshing drink and we all sit down for the next few pages

Running "too cool" ; thats what mine tends to do at times after having had the radiator cleaned a few months ago haha. Temp sometimes down to around 89C ( but nicely settles again around 93C (LiveData scanner verified, yes). Not bad, considered my thermostat is rated for 195F... nil "fabs, mods vents or hacks" have been done.
I always enjoy these threads and still wonder what all these mods are being done for...other then" because I can"...if you need those mods to keep your temps under control, there is something basically wrong with your cooling system and IMHO you need to look into that. But I'm not gonna ruin this thread by proclaiming that here, not now, its far too entertaining...

Oh and did I already mention mine is a normal stock setup (brass copper rad, to start another war with all components of the cooling system just being up to scratch and replaced on time where they should have been? The only thing I replaced with "maybe" an upgrade factor to it, is the aux fan with a *cough* similar sized fan , which is "only" rated at a measly 1250 CFM at 9 A....

All good, everybody had a chance to get refreshments, let us continue about things that deal with " size matters"...or didn't it? ********, now have I read 15 pages back...

Stop calling your car a "she". It's a car.