AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - My house build...
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016
Trail Twister

Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts
Default Rustys Tassie adventure.

I decided a while ago to visit AG.
We all know his battles and he is trying to get back on his feet. I bought some parts off him last year because I feel he really needed the money. Didn't really need them but they were not going to sell well down there. Last year AG was living in a small caravan on his property and trying to build a small and modest house. You need that in winter down there.
So plans were made for a trip. It was going to happen late last year but it was mutually postponed till this February. I booked the boat ride across and off I went. Took my old work ute loaded up with my tools with 325 000k's on the clock.
I set off early from Sydney. I was in Victoria for brunch and Melbourne for a late lunch. I made my way to the ship for boarding. The Bass Straight crossing was awesome. Of course I had a beer or two first and as I was travelling solo I decided to watch a movie in one of the boats small cinemas. "Star Wars The Force Awakens" was showing so all was good. We were heading into a three meter swell with the wind on our nose. The movie was excellent. As the Millennium Falcon was being maneuvered around the cinema moved with it. After, the gentle sway of the boat rocked me to sleep.
I arrived at a calm Devonport at sparrow fart and proceeded to Launceston to meet up with AG. All was good. Got some materials and we were on it. We took the shorter gravel road to his place. The corrugations shook all the bog out of my ute!
Wall tiles up first. Then, "where is that sand AG?" Well no sand was delivered but AG stated we should check out the old gold mine near the river first. Well the sand there looked good and there was tons of it. OK, we loaded up and off we went. We mixed it with cement and it felt weird. Well it wasn't sand.
To be continued...........