AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Front sway bar end links too long?
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts
Default Front sway bar end links too long?

Hiyall

I received a set of ARB/DBOR FK48 swaybar disconnects instead of the adjustable ones that I ordered. They look to be made for 3" to 4.5" of lift (220mm from the top pin centre to the bottom pin centre) and I have the Mopar Lovell 2" lift with the stock end links on my JKU.

I can send them back but it will mean I don't have easy disconnects for Camp Coffs next week and they are actually a pretty solid looking piece of kit.

I measured them up as much as I could (while keeping them in the packaging) and it looks like the front swaybar will be pointed upwards a bit more than "level" - the upper joint will sit next to the bottom of the chassis rail.

I remember the sway bar upwards rotation being much stiffer than downward but that may just have been crappy bushings on my mate's 6 year old JK where I helped him get the end links on and off a few times.

Does anyone have any experience running long end links? Will it cause on-road handling problems? The stiff Lovell springs don't compress easily but if they did, could the end link be damaged or damage something? Am I worrying about something inconsequential?