AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Do you use an Ad Blocker on Ausjeep?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Exclamation Do you use an Ad Blocker on Ausjeep?

After trying to modify the header to encourage members to turn off AdBlockers we have now scrapped that idea in favor of a broader stick, which is limited content to those who use an AdBlocker.

Now we are aware that this is going to offend, so let me shed some light on things.

1. The Ausjeep forum is a FREE service and all aspects of using the site is 100% FREE for the user.

2. It costs money to run this site, as it has for the last 14 years

With this new limiting for Adblocking users, we are looking at working around a solution whereby 'Gold' members will have the ability to see limited advertising content from Google, they will still be shown 'Vendor' ads, but the Google ads will be limited.

To put this in place is going to take considerable time and resources, and at NO point will Ausjeep ever become a 'Pay Per View' situation, it will always be 100% FREE

We expect there will be backlash, and for that I am sorry, this is something that was never wanted but with the advertising market deteriorating the way it is now days this was an inevitable step.

You support on this would be appreciated.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com