AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 545rfe shift point mods
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
No, as the switch is a sensor input to the computer not a traditional on/off switch.
I.e. You aren't actually switching anything on or off with the switch just pulling down or up a signal to the ecm.

When you power down anything that was done before i.e. OD on or off is reset and defaults to OD on until the ecm gets the sensor signal to switch OD off, if not its stay with OD on.

There were plans out there for a simple processor circuit that can be put in series with the sensor wire that waits for the vehicle to start and then cycles a signal through a relay to signal OD off without needing to push the button, i.e. Default to OD off.

Thought about doing it but have simply pushed the button each time I start the vehicle and only turn OD on if I'm unloaded and cruising above 100kmh.
Matt.
Exactly, it would be a pretty simple piece of logic electronics I think.
I just use the button when i care.

although maybe there is another piece of electronics on the vehicle that sends a signal at the right time, like the stereo turning on, or auto door locking, or auto headlights etc. etc that you could splice into

I suggest you just learn to love that mushy accelerator feeling!