AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tyre size on 5.2" backspace?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Yep, 1" foam spacers between the body and fender was enough for me. I didn't want to go any bigger as I didn't want to change my gearing for towing the camper.

I had a feeling you would want to go as big as you could so I put those up to show you what to expect with Pintlers. The beauty about the Uneek spacer is that they can be stacked to give you 2" worth of width if you wanted to stay with the OEM guards. However they also work with aftermarket flares as well.

Haha yeah looking to go as big as I can in the realm of 33s, checked out those spacers and look like a good solution should the tyres sit out too wide, so that bits solved. Just struggling to determine where contact can occur with larger tyres.

I'm reasonably happy to take a bit of a punt on size as I know some guys reckon those sizes fit, on the other hand I've seen some of the americans run things they say are fine, which I would not consider fine at all, so hoping to work out what issues might come up and have a plan to deal with them if they do. Only thing I don't want to do is end up losing a couple grand on rubber I can't use