AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ running badly.
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2016
Established Member

Liked 108 Times in 60 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
If it ONLY misses under load, but will free rev otherwise, I was taught (on tricky to tune multi-carb cars) that points towards a fuel/air issue

vehicles controlled by multi-electronic sensors are not my forte, even though I am qualified in Electronics, but I know dud sensors can cause weird problems.

have u double checked the integrity of all vacuum hoses?
Yeah I agree, and I checked every single hose besides every single vacuum hose. Took off what I could to have a closer look and cleaned everything. Have also got the WD40 out a few times, under idle or with higher revs spray the sh#t out of everything to see if revs go up or down indicating a vacuum leak, none found as yet. The only leak is an exhaust leak around the headers/extractors, but only very marginal and has been there the day I bought it (2 years ago).

I also cleaned the throttle body, pulled the 2 sensors cleaned them but made no difference, but I did replace the IAC 12 months ago, and have replacements coming for the other 2 sensors.

I still have my money on a sensor of some sort playing up, when its cold it plays up real bad, warms up and makes better contact or operation is better, plugs can still be the culprit and also the same for the O2 sensor. I think the plugs will be in tomorrow, so besides a new fuel filter, new plugs should go in as well.

Will post my findings.