AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

Installed the Wild Boar grab handles:

I am really pleasantly surprised at how solid they feel, considering they are held in place with just two bolts.

Just remember to use a magnet or something to capture the bolts that come out of the A-pillars unless you want to learn how to pull the trim apart.

I added some Polyfil to the sound bar. It didn't make much difference but that's OK because it only cost me $10 and 10 minutes of my time.

I also installed my Evo transmission skid plate and the Teraflex exhaust spacers:

The general fit, finish and design is up to the usual excellent Evo standards and it was easy to install after I battled to loosen the transmission mount bolts. A drain hole for the water condensation that runs down the side of the transmission would have been nice but I can always drill one later if it becomes an issue.

The spacers were a bastard to get in because the mid-pipe indexing stop did not come off easily at all. BFH and 30 minutes of chiseling later, I got the Dremel out and carefully ground off what was left of it.

My next battle was getting the driver's side spacer and flanges to line up while getting the cross-pipe level with the crossmember so it will clear the Evo crossmember skid that I have sitting on the shelf. The cross-pipe stll needs to be raised 4-5mm on the driver's side - anybody have any ideas?