AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ARB BP-51 shocks
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

I suspect my spring rate was to soft for the valving but arb were good about it I wanted the replacement when one started leaking it took nearly 3 months to get it by which time 2 more had started leaking but i had to wait for those replacements aswell I was frustrated and had lost faith in the product. My initial impression was great well made perfect fitting etc but over the 6 months I had them I tried them from one end of the adjust ment to the other in loaded and unloaded situations the valving is impressive and in an offroad scenario I could beat hell out of them and they worked great in corrugations whooped out high speed beach tracks etc the bottom out resistance is phenomenal. However on road the slack point created by the bypass portion of the stroke allowed the heap to sway side to side on changes in road camber etc and being drag link style vehicle it caused it to wander like an old CJ. Stiffer springs would have solved this 95% but then the whole point of plush bypass shocks is pointless! That is why I asked for a refund so I could try a different path. On the day I returned them the sales guy pulled me aside to tell me that another jk fitted with the full kit 2 weeks earlier had also come back with the same handling complaint but no leaks and wanted a solution he had their heavy stings also. He also said that they are averaging 1 BP 51 a week being returned for leaks all different models. I'm glad I got a full refund! I'd wait till they work the bugs out before springing the cash. The other issue is they are only 26" long which makes a big difference in wheel travel. 28" is about perfect for 3-4" lift on 35's with high steer.