AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why LIE?!!!!!!!
Thread: Why LIE?!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Back, just after I bought my JKU, I ordered a BDS lift kit through an on line "dealer" based here in Perth. Paid for up front.
After six months of waiting and getting all sorts of excuses regarding the delays, I suddenly found I had lost contact with him. Phone disconnected, no e-mail response.
I contacted Consumer Affairs for advice who suggested I find his residential address through his business registration. Before this I didn't have a full name and no address to work with.
When I rocked up to his door step his wife answered the door and I was confronted various aspects of unusual behavior, like they had been caught out.
Anyhow, this "piece of work" continued to feed me BS for the next couple of weeks until one day I fronted up and he said the it was going to arrive at a nearby 4x4 shop which he used as an address and that when he got a call he would collect it and drop it off at home.
Being very suspicious at this stage, I decided to do s detour on the way home and drop in at this shop.
When I enquired about him the first thing they said was "You're not dealing with that shonky ar*shole are you"?
And no, they would never allow him to use them as a delivery point.
The next thing they told me was that they thought he had gone back to Canada!
That night I phoned BDS in the USA where the Marketing Manager told me that he had NEVER EVER ordered anything from them but had only made one unreasonable enquiry regarding being an importer into Australia. They were not happy with him at all, mainly due to him already advertising himself as a BDS importer on his website. (I remember this blokes name but not his business name.)
Anyhow to cut an already long story short, I caught him trying to do a runner and ended up getting most of my money back in Canadian currency.

Since then, I have delt almost exclusively with SBR Offroad in WA. I go elsewhere when there is something he doesn't carry. It's also handy when you live in Perth.