AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - suspension lifts for WK2
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33Pster View Post
How is the ride in the front using the bullbar front springs without a bullbar? I'd be happy with 50-60mm. I'm not planning a bullbar or winch, just the Chief sump protection plate and maybe the lower front guard. Will also get another Chief recovery point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the whole lot: front guard, sump plate, two recovery points and the nudge from chief. The added weight is not that far from the bullbar (I think). We tried first with the recommended "non-bullbar" kit, overall lift was only 30mm in the front. So we decided to go bigger. Rides great, not as fun as before (60-70mm is a lot of lift!!!), but not unsafe at all. Fuel economy was affected by less than 1l/100 (I'm riding 285/50R20 Continental), but I do ride all the time without the front fascia, so I'm not sure if it would be better (I don't think by much). To be honest, rides close enough to stock. I can't complain.
When on muddies (275/70R18 Bighorns), is a different ball game. But then, it is a proper offroad vehicle ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk