AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Fog light options
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
Depends a lot on how much your prepared to spend.

Having tried a few different HID spots to replace the stockies... I wouldn't head down that path again. The reflector size just isn't suitable and you get a very poorly direct light. Bright but mostly wasted.

The JW Speaker and knock offs are true fog lights..... short range and sharp cutoff i.e exactly as specified. Good if you have other alternate lights and want close range fill in.

Aurora, Rigid etc etc will give a better distance throw ( assuming you get the right reflector type. As long as you get a reputable brand not at all bad.

IMHO the best are the Baha Designs, lots of power and available in flood, combined flood/spot or pure spot. The Pro's are the more powerful but you can get the Sport version. They are Mil-Spec, submersible and and.....

Very impressive lights..... but at a cost.
Good points here but if going for a spot / super spot type beam I'd be looking at getting it up higher so as not to burn so much power throwing it into the ground. A pillar mounts for a dually type light are easy enough, the big 50s I guess are another thing, hood mount up to the operator but I can't get on board with em.