AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Got pretty bored sitting at home recovering from my chemo and the pile of Jeep parts, which has been sitting in the corner of my lounge, was teasing me.
So I ripped the front axle assembly out and fitted the EVO axle tubes, EVO C gussets and the Synergy HD lower control arm brackets.

While it was all stripped down, I decided to install an E locker. This was not part of my original plan as I am not really keen on lockers in the JK D30 diff, but aah well.
This in turn prompted me to fit Yukon chromemolly axles, which also was not part of my original plans.
These I fitted with full circle circlips due to the additional stresses the locker may produce.
Also I had to trim a smidge off the end of the axles as they loaded up against the diff center.
I reassembled the axle with Synergy ball joints, new bearing hubs (with speed sensors) and new brake pads.
I installed the axle with a Teraflex adjustable track bar and topped the job off with a Tom Woods drive shaft.
Also, I installed the lower control arms in the upper mount point option but I haven't trimmed the lower portion of the bracket off yet until I have properly tested it. Without having adjusted it, my caster is sitting at about 6°. I'll see how it goes for a while before I worry about it, especially as it is steering quite well.

A bit of home made tooling was required for a couple of tasks.
I also installed an A pillar switch pod to ensure that the switch and light was " in my face".
As, due to my condition, I was only comfortable working on more pleasant days and only for about three hours a day, so the job took me more than two weeks, but all went well.

Last edited by Wazza D; 20-08-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Forgot something.