AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lift and Tyres of your JK
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

More good information and thanks Paul. Every size I'm keen to try seems to be an LT construction anyway..but once again some are obviously stiffer than others. The Goodyears were fine on the road and respectable on gravel and rocks but hopeless in soft stuff for obvious reasons. While there are some tires geared towards 90+ % on road, I think they give up too much for that 'every now and then' foray into soft ground and rocks. BFG and Cooper both list a 275/70R17 in their a/t tires.. and Mastercraft also. Its not a 33" but it would be a lot closer , than what I've been running the last three years. Had heard good things about Toyo and the tread pattern looked impressive but once again the size options appear to be 265/70R17 or 285/70R17. I didn't want 'pizza cutters' but I'm not after the 'over endowed' look either and I'm guessing handling would suffer to a degree also. More homework needed I guess..