AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New member Introduction and WH purchasing help
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default New member Introduction and WH purchasing help (Is this anyone's car?)

Hi All,

My name is Luke, I've been lurking here for 6 months or so, registered last month, and carefully making my first post just now, Hi! I'm looking to purchase my first 4x4, and after a lot of research on this forum, and abroad, I think I have decided on WH Grand Cherokee for my foray into off-roading.

I've always had 'street' cars, just sold my FG F6 ute, and previously had other cars like the Mazda6 MPS and a 300kW AWD U13 Bluebird (Pics Below). I became a father last year and I'm looking for a vehicle that can be enjoyed with my family.

I have a couple of questions that google hasn't been able to help me with; Firstly, is there a WH buyers guide anything like the ultimate WG guide on jeepforum.com? That guide alone is what led me to jeeps in the first place.

Secondly, and this is a long shot, was this vehicle owned by anyone on this forum? Gumtree Link. I went to test drive this car yesterday thinking it was a V8, but immediately fell in love with the CRD, what an awesome engine! It has a lift kit, which I think adds value, but I'm concerned about the VERY heavy duty tow pack, and electronic brake kit. It also had holes in the dash where it looks like a UHF may have been mounted. I'm leaning towards buying this car, having not even test driven the V8, but looking to hear opinions or experiences with a tow pack like this?

Thanks for the help in advance, hoping this is an appropriate section for such a post,

Luke.

Last edited by lwsjss; 26-08-2016 at 08:28 PM.