AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH Hemi ride issue.
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default WH Hemi ride issue.

Hey guys and girls,

I've recently picked up a 5.7 WH as a cheap tow car and general run about and i'm pretty happy with it, i've owned an old jeep before so I'm used to the quirks and usual deviations from the norm however there does seem to be a problem.

While a heavy american tank shouldn't be expected to ride all that well i've noticed the WH has by far the worst ride i've ever experienced, it bounces, rocks and rolls to the point people refuse to ride in it and i myself have experienced some car sickness for the first time in my life. Imagine a very small boat pushing into a hurricane, that experience would be the hight of smooth, calm travel compared to this thing.
However the problem only occurs at higher speeds over about 60kph, in town while no sports car is feels stable enough and only rolls as much as one would expect but once you get onto the open road its unbearable, something that didn't crop up in my city based test drive.

The car has a 1" lift with EFS springs and shocks, I've checked tyre pressures and wear and a basic check of the steering and suspension components hasn't shown up anything alarmingly wrong.

Since i've not read much generally condemning the ride of these things I'm fairly sure something isn't right but i'm lost at this point.
What could be going on and how can i make the thing feel more like a car then a drunken elephant?

Last edited by matt-5.7; 17-10-2016 at 08:02 PM.