AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Longranger tank tj
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka Jeep View Post
You ever run it dry to actually check?

My light comes on at 50L (Still over 20L in the tank!)
As far as I was aware there was 2 tank sizes in the TJ's in OZ, 15 & 19 gal. It never seems clear why there is a difference, the few TJ's I have dealt with all had the 15gal tank, admittedly all early year ones. This meant you normally were putting in a little under 40ltrs when filling up and from dead dry you only got a little over 50ltrs in, maybe this was put in sports or just early year models it seems unclear. If you have the 19gal tank then it makes sense you are getting 70ltrs in there and also makes more sense to buy some jerry can holders rather than a tank that only adds 20ltrs more.

If you are coming from the 15gal tank, then doubling your fuel capacity with a aftermarket tank makes a tone of sense and is well worth the cost. For me I also want all that expense to bring me more than just added capacity, I'm looking for more value and typically that is the need for it to be convenient and make an overall improvement to the vehicle. I simply can't see an argument in any of the auxiliary tanks that does more than just add capacity, rather they are really just adding inconvenience and add more failure points and complication.