AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: Rockets Build
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2016
Established Member

Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts

Well got all excited on the weekend and decided to paint some stuff. The rear bar was looking decidedly ordinary, so it coped a couple of coats of paint. A rust eater, undercoat and a couple of colour coats, just used Saturn black Rust Guard.

I was also having trouble with the front of the plastic inner guard coming loose (helped by the tyres). Some of it was worn away and wouldn't fit in place overly well, so out it come and then I gave the inner guard a coat of the same paint, came up great I think and nothing to come loose anymore.

While i was on a roll i decided to whip the front wheels off and give ther front hubs a quick coat of high temp black (i did the rear drums a few weeks ago) which wil tidy the look up when the wheels are back on.

Following my winch install the other week i had a small cover made up to shield the rope from the sun, this also coped a coat of paint.

Anyone know whats the best way to get overspray off the garage floor? Looks like I've taken my garage floor to the solarium.

"That's a pretty permanent solution to a temporary problem"