AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - First experience with Death wobble.. please help.
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2016
Rock Munki

Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I'm guessing that the front end is basically the same between all the live axle Jeeps, so this thread should help you learn what you need to look at.
Similar but small differences across the models from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It's the best post about diagnosing & fixing DW that I have seen:

Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles

Good reading & explanation and a great pic that is labelled so you are sure about what things are being referred to.
Not sure it is a great explanation, I tend to disagree with a couple of points made. Essentially the poster says worn rod ends would create a shimmy, in my experience they can also create a full on death wobble, make sure all of the rod ends are in good condition before you get carried away with other components.

The track bar bushes usually contribute but when I had my death wobble issues, new track bar bushes didn't cure the problem, I believe they helped a little. My point is many people put too much faith in the track bar buses solving their problems when it won't always do it.

Make sure your rod ends and balljoints are good, they can all contribute. Also I reckon the lower control arm bushes can also create problems.