AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What do others do?
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 186 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 56 View Post
Thanks WhiteMeat! Not familiar with the mofo ties but I'm sure I can find some. I might try and hook up for a demo sometime but I am off to work later To many beers sounds good! Do you do much 4wdriving locally? I've been to Newnes / Lost City a few times but don't know many other places, any ideas or maybe fishing / 4wd spots? All the best...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big mofo zip ties = the biggest ones you can find haha the ones I have in my gear bag are from Bunnings: Crescent brand 370mm (L) x 7.6mm (W) pack of 25

I used to run JKS disconnects so can go through it all with you if you're not certain about it - just make sure to add in some WD40 & a soft mallet / hammer for getting the disconnects off (and sometimes on lol) along with the zip ties - btw - reason for holding the sway bar level when disconnected is so that the pins on the sway bar dont rip the inside of your tyre to shreds when turning and flexing...

I don't get out much at the moment re off roading for a few reasons - Actually, LeighP was on the trip that is now my goto for an easy day run haha (start at back of Blackfellows Hand track and come back to Lithgow via Lost City) Haven't really got the inclination to have my daily driver off the road due to weekend fun lol