AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - To punch or not to punch
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_TT-89 View Post
why not get the cat cut out put brackets on the cat and then do the same thing with a straight pipe so its a simple 4 bolt switch over and if any issues with CEL's or being Melbourne the local popo a simple switch over fixes that? Also from what i know if its PRE cat then it shouldn't throw a code as its reading it all before it goes to the cat not after when the readings are "off"
not a bad idea mr tt, but for the trouble of doing that how much harder would it be to do the whole cat and dump pipe. the only reason i was thinking of punching the cat is cause i could just unbolt the dpf and knock the cat out (20 min job) but i didn't want to be left with a car in limp mode.

Your spot on about pre cat, i know any car with post cat or both will throw codes etc, anything pre cat works cause it just needs the reading out of the headers, but i have never played with a diesel then alone a high tech one.