AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017
Irok Bandit

Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs up I was wrong!

Well I must give credit where it is due.

Well done Ashton! I was one of the naysayers that thought you had lost the plot but you have gotten results. Not everyone can get to meet the man at the top and have their opinion heard (and listened to).

Somehow I don't think you're individual Jeep issue will be resolved due to its demise but you have proven me wrong before.

I applaud FCA's recent efforts in addressing individuals issues with their vehicles but if they (FCA) want to become a top 10 vehicle retailer in Australia the need to stay on top of there dealerships, not only their technicians/mechanics but the customer service side.
I will give you an example. There is currently a "safety recall" on my WH ignition, I was intending to get it done but the attitude of the local Jeep dealers service department in Bathurst NSW quickly turned me off.

Now the ignition recall technical services bulletin states the work should take less than an hour (it's on the internet) but they want my Jeep all day. I ask why and their reply stunned me. The woman on the phone said "well it is a Jeep!".

Now I'm not one to just hand over my keys and say call me when it's done, I research these things and want to know what they intend to do. I spend a lot of time, effort and money in modifying my Jeep and I'll be dammed if I will be letting someone half educated tech plug in their laptop and destroy $$$ of programming (some of which took 6 months to get right).

Fix up the MA rating of the Grand Cherokee and ALL Trail Hawk designation Jeeps, they should be be MC, you can't claim off road capability if it's not rated as such under ADR's. It's DISHONEST!

Let's face it Jeeps here in Australia and the USA are largely an enthusiasts car, FC American built special one-offs for the Jeep safari every year at MOAB. This forum exists because we love to modify our Jeeps. FC Australia could learn a few things from their American counterparts.
They take their project cars to Jeep events (they even sponsor said events), they have a Badge of Honour program that issues badges to fit to your Jeep for iconic tracks you have completed (tracked by an app using GPS) FREE OF CHARGE!
Show some love FCA, support those who support you.

FCA want to enter the "ute" market here in Australia (please don't call them trucks, they aren't trucks). Seriously if they want to complete then they have to have the reliability right! Trade's can't afford for their livelihood to be off the road, service costs need to be on par with other manufacturers, a capped price servicing schedule would be adventurous (this was one of the deciding factors that lead me to spend $55k on a Mazda over a Jeep).

Bring in the Ram Eco-diesel 1500, the Tradesman in single and quad cab configuration priced around the BT50 and Colorado level in both 4wd and 2wd. If you sell the bread and butter base model then the the up spec models will sell themselves. Keep the axle ratio options as well, no other manufacture offers this here (factory locker options would be nice).
And while I'm dreaming get AEV onboard and sell as a factory option through the dealer. Look what HSV did for Holden.

Well there you go, I have had my 2 cents worth. Went a lot off topic but hey you have the bosses ear so to speak.

Thank you for your campaign, I might not have agreed with it but I can't argue with the results, keep up the good fight.

Clarky