AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Custom Built Shelving system JK
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2017

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeh1962 View Post
Looks absolutely awesome, my homemade MDF drawer system just cringed!!
I always had a laugh at some people claiming you couldn't have LPG bottles in your car, there was thousands travelling around with Automotive Gas Cylinders in boots and cargo areas of Station Wagons, common sense should prevail with "barby" bottles, check for leaks prior to travel and don't have them connected while travelling...
Thanks Duke1962! Too be honest I would have been more than happy to have had any form of drawer system in the back but not prepared to pay a couple of G's for it. I was just fortunate enough to have a mate who's a boiler maker and was keen as mustard to try something a little different to what he normally does in terms of metal fabrication. We had a blast making it and there are probably a few little things he would change to make it even better next time. He's also one of those guy's not out to rip people off either and was happy to make just a little profit from it. I could have got it cheaper i.e. just pay for materials but he spent quite a bit of time making it so I gave him $900.

As for the gas bottle legalities I think there are a lot of misconceptions going around which is why I thought I had better get an experts advice.