AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - DPF Delete pics and dyno results!
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
I kinda reckon you are talking 1%ers now. I deal with attenuators everyday being mech services is my job and they are minimal restriction. I think the corrugated sections would be more restriction.

I currently run an AFE CAI but thinking of putting the airbox back on. If I can get a hold of one of the delete pipes, I think we can get a decent idea on what a change in the intake path will make to a point. The ECU should compensate for the larger intercooler if it is at all more efficient. I think the larger intercooler I have will only make a difference under sustained load but comparing apples for apples is just not possible.
Quite possibly, however the overall inside diameter of the new pipe is atleast 40% larger. I've also used this sort of tubing for all sorts of big power things over the years and although i do not believe they flow as well as straight silicone for example, i can guarantee this will outflow the original however, the limit to air flow into the turbo maybe the elbow just prior to the turbo or the air flow meter itself so there may be nothing to be gained playing in the area, especially if its the AFM. But i like to play.