AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Convert from coils to airbags
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

I would agree with the others, the cost and complexity would not warrant the gains. Off the top of my head you would need the bags, the compressor, the nitrogen tank, hoses and fittings, centre console switches, possibly an additional wiring harness, maybe the computer (ecu or an additional computer?), sensors... the list goes on. And that would be provided it's a direct swap and there's no additional mounting required.

Even with a donor car, the time it would take to retro fit it all yourself, all in the off chance that you did everything 100%, wouldn't warrant that gain. Paying someone to do it would cost more than selling and re buying.

I have seen somewhere (an American forum maybe) that someone has replaced their spring setup with an aftermarket airbag system, but I believe he went up to 35" tyres, and it came at a cost around $7k if my memory is correct. While it didn't have the restrictions that the Quadra Lift imposes, it wasn't as integrated either.

As the others have said, it would be far cheaper and easier to sell your car and purchase another with the Qiadra Lift, as the lift doesn't exactly command a premium in the used car prices. Swapping over for a similar year and k's should only cost the price of the stamp duty, which would be cheaper than buying a spring lift if you did stay

If you have the donor car already, strip the parts and keep them as spares, they cost a fortune to replace