AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 CRD-Flash tune result - No Chips to be seen!
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
I agree with you here Craig but I also don't and I don't think there will ever be a way to compare apples with apples. Those quoted Jeep figures are probably from a US car. Totally different conditions here and as we know you can dyno a car everyday and get a different figure every time. But using Jeep's figures gives a common denominator I guess to work against so what you are saying is about the only way to compare the different cars. We all have different tyres, lift, no lift, barwork/weight, different ambient, weather conditions, sea level etc but high numbers always sound better and are even better if they are true but no one will ever know. We can only judge by the size of the skid marks in our pants and the smiles on our faces.
The difference in power measured in different ambient temperatures is not as great as you might think, a change of 15 degrees (so 15c versus 30c) is highly noticeable for us Humans but it may only change the power compensation on the dyno by 1.5%. Any EFI or CRD engine has baro and IAT sensors and adjusts the tune to suit so you can have your vehicle tuned 100ft under ground in Tassie and still drive safely and reliably on a 40 degree day at the top of Mount Kosciusko.

A Carburetor car is different.