AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Willys Project
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts

Woo hoo. First time to see what it looks like with the infill panel that was wheeled up at the metal meet 18 months ago. Fits way better than expected! Thanks again to Nigel being at the other end of the sheet while wheeling it all day and the guidance of Peter Tommasini.

I like the look across the back as well.

Will have to reshape along here to get it to fit a bit better.

Along the front it is looking quite good. Just in the middle though you might be able to see that it dips down. I will put more curve in the front piece to make it blend.

Flows a lot better now. Did it all by hand with a dolly with more crown and a flat faced hammer and a flipper.

The back is looking like it is nearly there as well.

Just the weight of a dolly gets the roof panel to sit down and a single finger pressure can lift it from underneath.

Shaping up to be alright.

Think I am ready to scribe around the edge to cut the overlap off ready for a butt join.

I have come up with this to support the infill panel once the perimeter roof is cut to size so it doesn't just fall through!

I measured the difference between the stock and this new roof and it is 38mm-1.5" lower overall. It has taken the baseball cap look out of it.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 14-08-2017 at 07:30 PM.