AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - LED number plate light placement on trailer
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
Do a search on Google. Up in QLD for trailers under 750kg you do your own roadworthy. There is a form you fill out stating the measurements and whether you believe the trailer is in a roadworthy condition. If there are no serial numbers on it you grab a welder and put your own numbers on. You get the impression they don't really care what the trailer looks like. I suspect your regs will be different. That pic showing the placement of the number plate light looks fine to me.
AG, its a similar situation in Vic. When I brought my popup from SA to vic, all I did was to go into local VicRoads, you know where I am, fill out the paperwork, pay some $$ & they provided a plate. I never had to take the popup in or have any inspection. There was a ID number on their records from SA that I have never found. I suspect that its not on it any where.
It is surprizing if you have to do a roadworthy or have a trailer inspected. My popup is reg as a box trailer.
Let me know if I can help you in any way.