AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New XJ, Have a few issues!
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 86 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default New XJ, Have a few issues!

Hi ausjeepoffroad members!

I have just joined this forum, after purchasing my first jeep today, a 1995 Cherokee XJ sport with 140,000km on the clock! Super stoked to have gotten this car, but am having some issues with the wiring especially... and a few questions to ask if possible

So! I've got a few problems.

1: The dash backlighting doesnt come on with the switch (the rotating dimmer switch.) The dome lights work and so do headlights, but when I try to turn up the dash backlighting it doesnt work. It does, however, work when I lock and unlock the car (ie not touch the light switch and the exterior lights come on). What would I be looking for? a ground? fuse? the switch?

2: The radio doesnt work. Has the stock unit and just wont do anything. The aeiral is hiding away in the quarter panel.

3: Had a breakdown on the way home from getting it (150km drive). It came to a complete stop a roundabout and would keep cranking and not turn on. I left it for about 5 minutes and cleaned the distributor power wire (directly under the leaking power steering fluid hose which leaked on it) and it worked. Would I be correct in saying the fluid was the issue? Not a CPS or something?

4: My left hand engine mount is snafu. How hard a job is this to do?

5:The car feels a tad sluggish over 3k. A tune up is in order, but do these cars pull well at around 80? The engine is super quiet and idles well.

6: The doorcard (drivers side) has been replaced with a limited doorcard(mines a sport) am I correct in saying the limited has different window switches as mine dont work (just checked, the connectors arent plugged in and wont fit).

Cheers everyone, hope to have some responses!

Hamish