AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - LED number plate light placement on trailer
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2017
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
I picked up a new master cylinder for a trailer from "Supercrap". Was not expensive. Trailer leaf springs are cheap too off the interweb. I have just upgraded our work trailers' springs and axle and it was easy. I have just disposed of a seven leaf pack that often used to carry over a ton in the trailer.
I need custom leafs as I have eye to eye long leaf packs. Treg's used to use leafs packs that are quite a bit longer than slipper springs. When I had the trailer overhauled I was told to keep the old packs by a trailer place. I was told they would handle the weight. Had I known at the time I would have had the hangers welded in a different position while it was upside down at the welders workshop and went with HD slipper springs. Too hard for me to cut the hangers off now and have them welded back on and then to get new leaf packs. Be around the same cost to have mine beefed up as I can get the packs sorted and then refit them myself. No flipping the trailer and trying to get someone to weld new hangers and stuff. According to the spring manufacturers the longer springs ride better.... I'll take their word for it.