AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Replacement Stereo
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I have a Sony XAV-AX100 in my car; it is easy to use with a simple and clear interface, the screen is above average with it's colours and sunlight legibility, the touch-sensitivity is excellent, the sound quality is average (good) with a good range of adjustments, it has Bluetooth with AD2P for audio streaming, camera input, Apple Carplay and Android Auto. I got mine for $550 on special from Supercheap but I have seen they go for around the same price on Ebay.

The only negatives are that it doesn't have DAB, a DVD/CD player or direct app integration to Spotify or Pandora (you have to use Carplay/AAuto or your phone via BT). The surprise positive point is that the volume rotary dial is easy to find and much easier to use without switching your attention to the head unit - very underrated compared to the narrow small button below the screen on my old Kenwood unit.