AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Hypertech Programmer Feedback
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwrecked View Post
Hi turismo, any updates on this now you have had it awhile?
I was about to buy the adventure kings throttle controller for $80 https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pro...trol-unit.html

Unfortunately they seem to have updated their website and it is no longer being offered for the KK. I had the chance to see its effects on a turbo diesel last week. It was similar to the sports mode wk2 petrol. So I was all geared up to see if it would have an effect on the KK.
Still going great. No negatives to report. I love the extra functions it provides for adjusting TPMS, shift points, elec fan on temp (can lower it for sumer, beach work, etc). So far I've basically kept it with default settings, but the tune is what makes the KK more fun to drive.

Unfortunately if you don't like the throttle lag (which I hate as well), the Hypertech programmer doesn't really do anything to improve this.

I have been interested in looking for a elec throttle controller as well similar to what you have posted. I have one on my JK CRD manual and despite me fitting a 3" turbo back exhaust and getting it dyno tuned (which both mods led to more power and torque), it was the elec throttle controller that improved driveability the most (and they don't increase power and torque). Just the fact that you can dial out the lag and how fast the throttle ramps up (meaning you don't have to push the accelerator pedal halfway to make it move a little bit) made driving the diesel brick enjoyable.

Is your KK diesel or petrol, cos the Hypertech programmer only works on the petrols.

If you find a elec throttle controller that fits our KK's, please let me know.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119