AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Towing with air suspension
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 144 Times in 90 Posts

Like Macca, we are on our second Laredo - both with air suspension, and our experience mirrors his.
I've never been in a steel sprung WK2 so have no idea of the ride comparison - but ours rides very nicely.
Our off road van is 260Kg on the tow ball, and has been dragged all over the shop with no issues.Twice across the Gibb River Road, Cape York, Gulf country and lots of gravel outback work, including plenty of corrugations.
Between our 2012 and 2015 probably 120,000k towing.
Jeep note it is mandatory to use a weight distributing hitch when towing in excess of 2268kg and although our van is a bit short of that I've always used one, with no conflict whatsoever with the air suspension.
The air comes in very handy for hitching up in conjunction with the rearview camera (it is possible to back under the hitch and simply raise up into the coupling), and for levelling fore and aft when free camping overnight.
If you go for it I doubt you will be disappointed.
John