AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Towing with air suspension
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi,

We have the air suspension on our 2015 Limited. We tow a 21 6 Lotus Freelander at 3.1 tonnes with 310kg on the ball.

The air suspension does level up in small increments and is excellent, but you still must use a WDH/bars. (Now mandatory from Jeep - earlier models recommended and does make a positive difference IMO). We also use a Dual Cam Sway unit with ours. You simply can't restore the weight evenly back to the front wheels of the car and throughout the van without a WDH. Not even the air suspension will do that. braking and steering can be affected. I figure the Jeep engineers have done lots of testing and if they recommend using a WDH with vans over 2268kg, we follow their advice!

We get 17LPH, towing the van at 95-100kph and the Jeep does it easily. We find our van is rock solid and we have travelled up and down the east coast in some hairy sidewinds and weather and always felt confident and safe.

Great tow vehicle, the air suspension is a nice thing to have.

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER

Last edited by Sterling Sal; 06-08-2017 at 04:44 PM.