AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - How to fix Power steering Jeep JK
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesio View Post
Thats funny, I was looking at this old post last night wondering exactly the same thing.. Can't find a seal kit anywhere.
I pulled my selector shaft out and removed the seals last weekend hopping I could just take them into a seal place and get new ones. Well, I've been all over Sydney with no success. Not even close. Also, on removal of the shaft, I discovered it was bent - which is probably why it was leaking. So now I'm stuffed. I've bitten the bullet and purchased a second hand steering box... Hopefully it doesn't need a rebuild. We'll see when it gets here.
If you want a temp fix; I got a couple of 44mm/30mm seals, removed the pitman are and drove them up into the housing. Worked for about 18 months but seals eventually worked there way down and started leaking again.

A couple of bits of useful info I've learned from this saga: 2 door and 4 door Jk's have different steering ratio's, and thus steering boxes. RHD units are not available from PSC, Quadratec or any other USA supplier. Selector shaft is, however, interchangeable. Also, PSC said they are working on a RHD model but is "a little while away". Cant wait!
Yeh im holding out for the rhd psc box.
Did you end up wiyh a delphi box or the newer chinese one?
Unpainted or painted is how you tell