AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - limp Wj
Thread: limp Wj
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperau View Post
If you poke the plastic tube all the way in you won’t get a accurate answer unless you borrow someone’s dipstick to measure against as the OEM dipstick doesn’t go all the way in.

Simple answer obviously is buy a new dipstick but I’m guessing you don’t have access to one in the short term at least and are trying to get an answer now rather than later.

From the top of the dipstick tube to the hot high mark is 2’11”, the hot low mark is 2’11 1/2”, the cold high mark is 3’1/2” and the cold low mark is 3’1”.

Re: D, no, if the speed sensors are the issue the only answer is to change them. A fairly easy and cheap job. I would suggest changing both sensors at the same time as they are probably the same age and have therefore experienced the same stress.
Thanks for that, I'd imagine it'd take a fair deviation from the low mark to cause an issue? I had a check and I was below the 3'1" - I dropped the oil out and there was approximately 3.8 litres out of what I understand to be a needed 4.7. I poured in about 4.2

It was quite dark too, considering I wouldn't have thought that I had driven more than 1k kms since the last change (albeit 18+ months ago).

Took it for a spin and the light was off - after some time it flickered on once or twice again but was a vast improvement over how it was the other night.

About to take a 50km drive home so will see how she feels after that.

On reflection, it only flickered on at the end of the short trip - maybe the gears took up some of the fluid so it needs a little more.