AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Here are some images of my setup. Running a battery box from on top of the wheel well. I figured i can't use that area for storage (things roll straight off it) so i mounted a bracket to sit a battery on. It is bolted into the car frame at the wheel well and the battery is strapped down with a ratchet strap. Under the bracket there is also a storage hole where i keep ratchet straps and battery cords etc... I have had it in for about 6 months now and used it highway driving and off roading and it doesn't move or come loose at all. Works very well when camping, just have to have the door open to run cords into it, or if need be, the door can still be shut. Also the box tucks away nicely so that the back seats can fit in and out of the car still (floor can't be in at the same time as back seats) and it is out of the passengers way.
You will also notice the false floor that i made and installed. I did that so i can mount a fridge into the car and not have to drill into the car itself to mount it down. The floor also works very well and i bolt it into the back passenger seat mounts and as a secondary mount i use the small clips next to the door. It is high enough that i can store maxtracks, camping chairs and a fold up table underneath it and i don't need to tie them down as the floor holds them in place.
The cargo barrier is another great addition and allows me to stack things up all the way to the roof without fear of it flying forwards into the driving area.
Also installed a UHF. Using an A-pillar light mount to mount the aerial and the space between the seat and middle console to hold the unit itself, with velcro on the console and middle console, holding it there for extra support. I have had this setup for 6 months now and everything works incredibly well. I am incredibly pleased with the set up and its functionality when i have gone off roading, camping and on long road trips. Nothing has broken, come loose or fallen over. I believe it is incredibly safe and very space efficient