AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - First Time Buyer 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

In my experience the predominant reason you here so many bad stories is due to the terrible after sales service from FCA and there network of dealers. Im not saying Jeeps are super reliable, but I think they get a disproportionately bad rep because of the way they dont fix issues when they occur, and also somewhat due to the non disclosure agreements companies such as VW and others make people sign to get problems solved.

IMO a modern CRD is not a very good pick for an around the town vehicle due to the fitment of DPF's, if your doing an hour drive a week at 100kmh or over then the DPF should get hot enough to do its job otherwise forget crd or expect expensive repairs.

The 8sp ZF auto is a pretty decent gearbox. You don't here many complaints particularly if your not getting it hot under strain by heavy hauling or continuos low speed offroading or both. Service costs on these are up there but not moreso than other vehicles with larger crd/auto powertrains

Last edited by OzRick25; 04-12-2017 at 01:39 PM.