AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Changing coils
Thread: Changing coils
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

Like driving a tumble dryer hey! The lift would just exacerbate the effects of worn components.

An rtc dampner will not fix this. You may need a new dampner but there will almost certainly be other issues.

If it wasn't there before the lift and you still have the same wheels and tyres I would start by inspecting your ball joints then uni joints and wheel bearings then steering component, bushes, dampner and then play in the steering motor..

Did you get a post lift alignment? The factory alignment settings arent great after a lift id go 0 or 1/2 degree toe out rather than 1 or 2 degree toe in that they often have. A slight negative camber and get the thrust and caster angles checked. Idd still check for worn components and replace them before getting the alignment though.

If your not comfortable doing it yourself pedders or abs should be able to sort you out.

For a full front end replacement of unis, balls, bearings, and bushes and an allingment I'd be expecting $1500+ but it's a shit time of year so you may have to fork out quite a bit to get it sorted